20 May 2006

Cheers To Microcosm!

Cake by Melissa Owen of Epiphany Cakes

I just got an email from Joe Biel informing me that Microcosm Publishing would like to distro Foulweather #1. This is great news. Microcosm distributed my last zine and I probably sold more through them than any other outlet. If you don't already know Microcosm have been champions of DIY publishing for ten years now and have one of the coolest logos (see the cake above). Their logo motivates me to ride my bike as much as possible. In fact, I can't bring myself to drive while wearing a t-shirt bearing their logo. Microcosm, also put out the documentary, $100 and a T-shirt about zine publishers in the Northwest. I highly recommend checking it out but keep the remote at hand to forward through my bumbling interview. Video cameras and I don't work so well together...

In other news, Smokebox will be featuring a non-fiction humour piece I wrote about my employment history in their next issue and I am working on a story about the politics of street skating for possible publication in a new Northwest focused outdoor rag. Details to follow.