17 May 2007

If you have to...

I'm not a big fan of national 'This, That and the Other' Day but today, is 'Bike To Work Day.' Maybe all this means, is that thousands of extra people will decide to hop on their bikes for one day and then go back to spilling their lattes, as they try and answer their cell phones the next day. (Yes, I'm guilty of combining all these bourgeoisie indulgences myself.) But maybe these types of 'events' are worthwhile and maybe more people will consider alternative commuting practices as a result...

So, if you are a sucker like me and have to have your soul sucked out of your feeble body by a thing called a 'job,' you may as well have a bit of fun getting there.

I stole the above image from the Mash SF blog (can't wait for this film btw). I'm guessing it is turn of the century Britain and the young lad is riding a cutting edge track bike. I hope he did not have to go to work after this photo was taken. I hope he got to pound the cobblestones of Manchester (or wherever it was) all day.

I hope he rode as fast as he could and tried not to use his brake.