12 August 2007

Not Another Oregon Surf Blog: Lost At Sea

Mermaid and angel at the Aberystwyth war monument, at the remains of Aberystwyh Castle, where I used to do my daily surf check.

I was going to write about a pretty fucking good surf session I had on Friday. I was going to try and get all poetic about how a couple friends and I stumbled upon a perfect wave on the off chance and surfed a perfect right-hander for hours with no one in sight. I was going to talk about chomped seals and isolated pockets of oil glass. Bowly peaks and racing walls that were shredable all the way to the shore pound. I was going to paint a picture of turquoise faces, dropping in and setting up for a hundred yard rip-ride. And then sharing a couple of sunset tinnies on the steep pebble beach as the pelicans swooped over head. But it all sounded a bit trite. Let's just say surfing continues to ruin and save my life.


Sæglópur, á lífiKominn heim
Sæglópur, á lífiKominn heim
þaõ
kemur kafariKomin heim

þaõ
kemur kafariKomin heim
A lost seafarer, alive 
 has returned home 

A lost seafarer, alive 

has returned home 

A diver comes, 
has returned home
A diver comes ,

has returned home
. Sæglópur/ Lost At Sea -Sigur Ros