12 March 2008

I recently deleted a post for the first time. The post was a result of a 'debate' I was having elsewhere on the internet about radical environmentalism. Its a good and necessary discussion but the internet is not somewhere I'm capable of having it. More and more, I have have been thinking about the way we conduct ourselves and the way we read, write and digest information online. I think internet 'discussion' is only useful up to a certain point and then everything becomes polarized very quickly and soon, useful exchange tends to degenerate into personal slanging matches. Maybe, I'm copping out... or maybe I should do a thesis on it... but I'd rather be outside catching some waves or cruising around the streets. Spring has sprung, get some air while its still breathable...

Apologies to 'David' who responded to my deleted post with a worthy point.