13 May 2010

Skunked



I remember when I was a child I tried to convince myself that medicine, science and technology would advance so far by the time I was old that we would no longer have to die. I wish that someone had not only told me that this was unfeasible in my lifetime but undesirable in anyone’s lifetime.

I remember when I was a slightly older child a teacher convinced me that science and technology would advance so far by the time I was of working age that we would probably not have to work more than four hours a day, four days a week.

I’ve heard talk about alternative technologies, saving the planet from global warming, over-population and depletion of natural resources and all that results from this.

Perhaps its time to admit that science and technology advanced too far along time ago, and all we’re really doing now is attempting to clean up the mess they've already created, from mental illness to filthy oceans.

If we’re really interested in advancing as a species there are more obvious places to look for assistance.
Ever wonder that by removing ourselves from nature, we have slowed down our evolutionary potential?

We’ve all been skunked. What are you going to do about it? Vote your way out?

Fuck that.