16 September 2010

As I was sitting in a dentist's chair...

for the first time in twelve years, I thought to myself, mate, science and technology is serving you well. The next few weeks of dental procedures would really suck without all these new developments. Later on, while watching Tragedy play, I had to laugh at the thought of enjoying crusty Anarcho-punks singing about the end of civilization as their crushing audio onslaught was brutally propagated by electrical powered instruments and amplification.

Then contemplating my tinnitus as I sit at this here computer, I find this,

Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation...tooting, howling, screeching, booming, crashing, whistling, grinding, and trilling bolster his ego. His anxiety subsides. His inhuman void spreads monstrously like a gray vegetation.- Jean Arp

Tragedy still killed it last night. Use it to beat it... or something or other...